Tasty Parmesan Cheddar Cheese Bites with Bruschetta
Last minute fix up, 3 hours left. I got home late from work and got a message through a group chat to bring an appetizer to our little get-together. When it comes to appetizers, I immediately think…finger foods. I LOVE FINGER FOODS. Baked bite size pieces are my go-to. What’s better than chip and salsa, endless dips, mini sandwiches, and brownie bites, well maybe just as tasty, it’s bruschetta and toasted baguettes. Today, you will learn how to create bread on a whole other level with delicious bruschetta. Let’s talk cheesy, crunchy, chewy cheddar cheese bites with the most delicious bruschetta from Trader Joes. I’ve been having endless bruschetta in my fridge. Bruschetta is so easy to make and so nutritious. Just chop basil and tomatoes, drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar, sprinkle salt and peppa. Voila!
A tomato rich diet is something I consistently strive for. Tomatoes are easily one of the best anti-inflammatory foods you can find, enriched with betacarotene and vitamin C and vitamin E. Not to mention, tomatoes enhances immunity and prevents prostate cancer. I can go on, but that’s not why we’re here.
Back to the simple baked sharp cheddar cheese bites. My friend Christine made these for a Christmas Party, and it seemed to be a crowd favorite, so I knew I had to snatch the recipe. I quickly stopped by Trader Joes to grab their incredible bruschetta sauce along with a variety of cheeses and basil to create my baked parmesan cheddar cheese bites. You really can’t go wrong when you bring a cheesy appetizer to the party; usually a win-win in my book. I mean, this cheddar goodness is soft and flavorful and perfect for little picky children. The extra sharp cheddar cheese really enhances the flavors for me, then you add bruschetta on top. OH BABY! My favorite part about creating this dish is using cookie cutters to cut the parmesan bites into different shapes. (I used a heart cookie cutter and a circle shaped one. This would be an awesome activity to do with your kids. Furthermore, the texture of the cheddar cheese bites is a mix of chewy in the inside with some added crunchy edges. Great for vegetarians, cheesy, delicious, best tasting combination of cheese flavors all in one bite. When the oven beeps, and the baked parmesan cheddar cheese bites pop out, they are ready to be served. With or without bruschetta, these bites will surely be a quite a hit!
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 5 tbsp half and half
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixer, beat cheddar cheese, butter, half and half, salt, flour, and parmesan cheese.
- Beat until mixture feels like dough. Playdough that is.
- Roll cheese dough in a well floured surface until dough is 1/8 inch thick.
- Use heart shaped, star shaped, circle shaped cookie cutters to shape dough and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- I just chopped four bunches of basil leaves into my mix. Using your heart shaped cookie cutter, line the hearts facing upside down in a row than facing right side up in each space. You'll get a lot more shapes out of your cheese dough that way.
SHOP MY POST AND RELATED PRODUCTS