CROCK POT CHILI CHICKEN NACHOS
How wild can you get with nachos? Pretty wild, I must say. Give me some beans, salsa, guacamole, and cheese and I’m a happy girl. But this time, I wanted to switch things up a bit and make this recipe with my favorite crock pot chicken recipe.
To be honest, I think nachos are the best snack food to munch on with a group of friends. The best thing about it is that you can mix up the toppings and still keep it colorful, hearty, and nutritious.
I adapted this crock pot chili chicken recipe from my good friend Tricia. She’s one of the best cooks I know, and I craved for her recipe. It took me by surprise, how simple and stress-free this recipe is. “It’s simply just a can of chili beans, chicken, and cumin. Then crock pot on low for 6 hours,” she stated. It’s seriously that easy! I added onions and garlic powder as well. When Tricia made this for me, she provided burrito ingredients, so I could create my own burrito. From my understanding, you can get so creative with this.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 can chili beans
- 1/2 white onion (sliced)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- dash of salt and pepper
- tortilla chips
- mexican style cheese
- diced avocados
- diced tomatoes
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- Rinse and pat dry chicken.
- In the crock pot, throw in chicken, chili beans, onions, garlic powder, and cumin, then mix altogether.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours.
- When the meat is cooked through and tender, use a fork to shred. Stir through mixture. And viola!
- Spread chips on a big plate or bowl. Top with chicken mixture, cheese, tomatoes, and avocados (or any other toppings upon desire. Go wild with it!)
- Opt out nachos for homemade burritos. Same goes for toppings. Make it your own. The possibilities are endless!