PINK SALMON SALAD HEART SANDWICHES RECIPE
Happy Valentine’s Day. How did you spending your Valentine’s Day?
Enjoy your lunch with salmon heart sammies. Make these for tea time with your gal pals, or before you go out for a picnic or to the beach and share them with your loved ones. I munched on my sammies with some delicious sweet tea.
Salmon salad sammies has been my go to this week because it’s quick and super easy to prepare when you’re on the go. I love the pink color in salmon– It’s the perfect Valentine color and is packed with Omega-3’s.
- 1 canned pink salmon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 onion
- 1 tbsp capers (packed)
- 4 slices of bread (whole wheat or white)
- Dash of paprika and pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together salmon, mayonnaise, lemon, onion , capers, paprika, and pepper with a fork. Set aside.
- Using a heart shaped cutter, cut bread. Then, spread butter on the bottom and toast. I used a grill to get them nice and brown with a slight crisp.
- I typically like honey whole wheat bread with my salmon sammies.