JULY FOURTH BERRY FILLED TART WITH A GLUTEN-FREE PIE CRUST
To honor the stars and stripes and those who fought for our country’s independence in the best way possible, here’s the perfect summer treat. I brought this tart with this adorable cake stand from World Market to my friend’s summer potluck/pool party. When it comes to July Fourth, I love creating anything red,white, blue and delicious. This pie has been one of my great hits at party, so this tart was what I went with. I used Hodgson Mill’s almond flour to create this easy and crunchy pie crust. Then, I filled the pie crust with Philadelphia cream cheese. I picked up this recipe from the butter lady a.k.a. Paula Deen. Disclaimer: This berry fruit tart is a mix of gluten-free and lots of butter. So I can’t completely attest that it’s healthy. What I can say tho is that this tart is 100% delicious. July Fourth may be ova but our sun-drenched days remain– which calls for berry treats on repeat! Hope you all had a safe and beautiful Fourth!
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/4 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- flower garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ingredients in a mixer until ball form. (Note: almond flour doesn't completely form into a ball.)
- In a 12-inch tart pan. with your fingers, flatten crust until even.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- In the mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Top tart with your favorite berries.
- Garnish with flowers.
SHOP MY POST