Berry Cheesecake Tart with Gluten-Free Crust
To honor the stars and stripes and those who fought for our country’s independence in the best way possible, here’s the perfect summer treat. I brought this tart with this adorable cake stand from World Market to my friend’s summer potluck/pool party. When it comes to July Fourth, I love creating anything red,white, blue and delicious- From berry fruit skewers to strawberry shortcake with mixed berries to mixed berry salad, you name it, I love making it. This mixed berry fruit tart has been one of my great hits at party, so this berry tart with cream cheese was what I went with. Now that I’m gluten-free again, I used this Hodgson Mill’s almond flour to create this easy and crunchy pie crust. Then, I filled the pie crust with Philadelphia cream cheese. I picked up this recipe from the butter lady a.k.a. Paula Deen. Disclaimer: This fresh and easy berry fruit tart is a mix of gluten-free and lots of butter. So I can’t completely attest that it’s healthy. What I can say though is that this tart is 100% delicious. I love that the cheese cake makes it taste like a custard. Typically, in stores you would find glaze for this mixed berry tart, but I opted out the glaze. When you obviate added sugars, you are enhancing the natural sweetness that already comes from the tartiness of all the mixed fruits. July Fourth may be ova but our sun-drenched days remain– which calls for fresh berry treats on repeat! Hope you all had a safe and beautiful Fourth!
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/4 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- flower garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ingredients in a mixer until ball form. (Note: almond flour doesn't completely form into a ball.)
- In a 12-inch tart pan. with your fingers, flatten crust until even.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- In the mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Top tart with your favorite berries.
- Garnish with flowers.
SHOP MY POST