PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
I could munch on peanut butter all day and never get sick of it (nor feel bad about it). The ooey gooey feeling is just oh so GOOD. Amiright? But cookies, on the other hand, are dangerous when they’re set in plain sight– I consume so way too many. I wanted to find a way to combine two of my favorite things without compromising my health, but still taste great. I made these peanut butter cookies with whole wheat flour, maple syrup, olive oil, and coconut oil (I’m obsessed). Then, I drizzled semi-sweet chocolate, peanut butter, and sea salt flakes all purchased from Trader’s. I’ve been inhaling these cookies every morning this past week, and I’m not mad about it. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Oh, GOD. I’m in love.
Consume these delicious and healthy peanut butter cookies!
2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup peanut butter
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together maple syrup, vanilla, olive oil, coconut oil, and peanut butter. Combine liquid mixture with dry mixture.
- Roll dough into 1 inch ball and place on lined baking or silpat.
- Use fork to make criss-crosses.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Optional: Drizzle melted chocolate and peanut butter. Then, sprinkle crushed sea salt flakes.
Not going to lie, silpats are life changing. Nothing ever sticks on the baking sheet, and I can reuse them.