PUMPKIN ICE CREAM
Hey, hey, hey! One more day till Thanksgiving. Who’s excited? My family and I already got the Christmas classics going and all the food prep ready. I’m starting on my pies tonight. While you may still be deciding on what to make, I got a delectable fall treat to share with you that may fulfill your sweet tooth requirements– PUMPKIN ICE CREAM! Top this on your pies, eat it after Thanksgiving to hang on to that pumpkin experience. Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy this with the people you love. Seriously, it’s so good and so pumpkiny. If you have an ice cream maker, you’ll have to try this recipe. I used the Cuisinart ice cream maker. You can purchase one here. Also, if you would like to purchase my adorable tea towel I got in Wallingford, Seattle, you can get them here.
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Using a medium sauce pan, steam all ingredients at medium heat for about 15 min. Let cool in a bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Assemble Cuisinart ice cream maker: Place freezer bowl and situate on ice cream maker. Place paddle in the freezer bowl and cover with lid. Turn on the ice cream machine and start churning.
- Pour mixture in ice cream maker.
- Mixture should start thickening after about 20 minutes.
- Churn until ice cream looks thick and slightly firm.
- Place ice cream in bowl and freeze for about 3 hours.
- Optional: Top with chocolate chips or crushed graham crackers. Pumpkin pie flavors will be poppin!
- Make sure freezer bowl has been in the freezer for at least 24 hours.