ROASTED PEACHES WITH HONEY AND SLIVERED ALMONDS
HAPPY SATURDAY! As fall rolls around, there’s something I will miss about summer and that is SWEET PEACHES! They’re always my after meal treats, and if I must add peaches to all my summer desserts, I will. I love the sweet and tanginess feeling when you combine peaches with something creamy (like yogurt, chia seed pudding, or cheese) and something crunchy (like toasted nuts, cobbler, or granola). Kazzaamm, you have yourself a perfect summer treat.
This past week, I rediscovered how delicious roasted peaches are. So with that, here’s a delicious and simple sweet treat recipe.
- 2 peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup nonfat ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup roasted slivered almonds
- Preheat oven for 425 degrees.
- Slather olive oil over peaches.
- In a lined baking sheet, roast peaches halve side up for 20 minutes.
- Place each halved peach on a pretty plate.
- Scoop ricotta cheese evenly onto each peach.
- Drizzle honey and top with roasted slivered almonds.