SALTED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Excuse me sir, can I have a gajillion of these salted chocolate chip cookies right now? Thank you.
Happy Monday! If you’re craving chocolate chip cookies like I am, always, then you will want to try this salted chocolate chip cookies by Milk Bar. They are to die for. They’re decadent and chocolate filled with a sweet and savory flavor. I’m drooling. I used Trader Joe’s semi-sweet chocolate chip chunks and their pyramid salt to top off the cookies.
A quick Monday encouragement to get you through this week:
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things. Philippians 4:8
- ½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk powder
- 3/4 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks
- ¼ cup flaked salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, milk powder, sea salt, baking powder, baking soda. Mix evenly.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until even.
- Stir in chocolate chunk.
- Using a ice cream disher, scoop cookie ball unto a lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle sea salt flakes on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Slightly cool on cooling rack before devouring.
- To soften butter, I microwave each side for 10 seconds.
Oh, and would love some milk with them too. 🙂