VALENTINE’S DAY HEALTHY BERRY MUFFINS
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so I’m very excited to share with you one of my favorite breakfast recipes.
Here’s my thing. I dislike banana bread or muffins alone if there isn’t an additional ingredient like chocolate chips or other kinds of fruit. I would like to share with you my go-to recipe for my banana breads/muffins. This recipe is inspired by my favorite mommy food blogger, Catherine McCord of Weelicious. This recipe is so nutritious and colorful. I love that you get a whole mix of flavors in one setting. I used bananas and berries so you know this recipe is full of potassium, fiber, and vitamins. You can pick and choose which berries you like and use more or less of one, or the other. Valentine’s Day healthy berry muffins are delicious and nutritious.
I woke up this morning feeling ready to celebrate a day of lurveee. I sliced these strawberries in a heart shape and topped them on the muffins to make them feel valentine ready. Are you ready?
Also, I bought Coldplay tickets this month so I would be lying if I said it hasn’t been a great couple of weeks.
- 1 cups white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries (i used strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine white flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir softened butter, sugar, eggs, milk, and bananas.
- Slowly combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Then, lightly mix in the berries. Using a serrated knife, cut the top of the strawberries off and slice into tiny slivers.
- Pour batter into muffin tin. Top off with strawberry hearts.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before devouring.
- Side tip: To make butter soften, place butter with the wrapper on a plate and microwave 2 sides for 10 seconds each. Add 10 more seconds if butter is still not quite softened.