HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX RECIPE
Baby it literally is so cold outside even in California. Warm up by the fireplace with some She and Him Holiday soundtrack, cozy socks, and a fluffy blanket, don’t forget the hot cocoa of course. I’ve been really into sprucing things up this Christmas. I love this cinnamon hot chocolate with sea salt. You can add more or less, one or the other. Seriously, go wild with it, and don’t forget the marshmallows. I will have to say this is one of the best hot cocoa mixes I have ever concocted. The cinnamon and nutmeg flavors go hand in hand for this cold winter evening. But before you drink, blowww, it’s hot! 🙂
This last weekend, my friend Dominique and I invited friends to a night of sipping hot chocolate, munching on treats, and creating care packages for the homeless. Creating an event like this has been something the Lord has been putting on my heart for awhile. There was a hot cocoa bar station which included each of these ingredients, peppermint sticks and other sweets (you can set out whipped cream, chocolate chips, and sprinkles), a packaging station, and a card-making station. We made the cards specifically to encourage and uplift this Christmas season. I love when communities gather to expand the father’s heart for his people. After, we dropped these gifts off at a local church where they will distribute to the homeless this Christmas.
You can also make this recipe by doubling it and adding it to a mason jar for a cute DIY gift.
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tbsp organic raw sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A dash of nutmeg and sea salt
- 1 cup of hot water or milk
- Boil 1 cup of hot water/milk.
- In a mug, combine cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour hot water/milk into the mixture, and sprinkle or stir in sea salt on top.
- Add toppings and another dash of cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Slurp away.
- Use more or less upon your desire. Top off with marshmallows, whipped cream, or peppermint.