It’s October 1st!!! It’s finally cooling down here in California and feeling slightly more like fall. Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. I’m stoked for pumpkin carving nights, candy apples making, pumpkin spice lattes every where I go, and sweaters (please let it sweater weather already!). Who’s with me?
To celebrate the first day of October, I have a delicious fall recipe for you. So my family grows pomegranate in our yard. They’re in season right now, so we are currently getting an abundance of them. Pomegranates are so vibrant and pretty this time of year.
Funny story: my dad is noticing that people are stealing pomegranates off of them. Whoever you are, he has his eyes on you.
There are days when I crave a sweet cocktail. My mom taught me a quick and easy way to make pomegranate juice, and I thought I’d spice it up a bit with my mom’s discretion. The tequila is optional but why not have some fun every now and then? :p Sorry mom!
- 1 pomegranate (seeded)
- 1/2 squeezed lime
- 1/3 cup white tequila (optional)
- 1/2 cup club soda
- Spoon out the seeds of a whole pomegranate into a blender.
- Pulse for 10 second intervals until you see pomegranate juice. Try not to over pulse. I pulsed at least 3 times.
- Pour juice into a strainer. Stir with a spoon to get a good amount of pomegranate juice from strainer. Discard the seeds.
- In a cocktail shaker, place the pomegranate juice, squeezed lime, tequila, and club soda and give it a good ol' shake.
- Garnish with a sliced lime and a salted rim.... voila! Pomegranate cocktail is served.
- I chilled the pomegranate juice in the fridge for about an hour before making the cocktail so it's nice and cold. You may add ice cubes too. Enjoy!